Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francisvandergr
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Reading data from internet

I wanna read files from: http://bedandbreakfast.bbnl.nl/uptodate/Aalten/

I want a table with the columns:  Name, Postal Code, City, Tel, Mobile and Email. Is this possible with Qlikview.

Can somenone help me ?

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I believe you can't just use one of the standard QlikView connectors / methods to retrieve the data (like e.g. using the html load assistant from the script dialog), because the data is not organized in a html table.

But since the data entities are HTML tagged, I believe you could use a HTML parser to parse the HTML into a table like structure (e.g. a comma separated file). You probably need to write this parser in a script language of your choice.

You could then call that script from the QlikView script and load in the resulting parsed file for further processing.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable

Hi,

You can try loading some of the data by identifying the class data and accroding fields by choosing the load as XML while creating the load script.

Please see the attached, where i loaded the data as XML . when you choose the data type as XML it lists all the tables available in that XML file, so you need to choos the one you want to load.

OF course you have to do some study on whihc tables to laod and which columns and what filter criteria.

Please see the attached sample may help you.

Cheers