Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkkuah17
Contributor II
Contributor II

Reading from other website

Hello Everybody !

I am new to Qlikview. While exploring Qlikview functional, i notice a interesting feature - extract from web file. Some website does managed to be extracted by qlikview while others not for example, http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/securities/equities/prices/#/?filter=BS02 . Can anyone elaborate on this ? Thanks

Cheers !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I'm not absolutely sure about it but yes I think that if the content will be created dynamically per javascript it won't work. If you don't need to query this website regular it might be an alternatively to store the site and/or doing a manually copy from the content. If it must be dynamically then you need to look if there is any API available (which then might be commercial).

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is your question?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
bkkuah17
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

marcus_sommer

Qlik can read data from websites which are included in (standard) tables like HTML Tables. Another possibility is the use of a specific connector - take a look on this: https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=rest+connector&type=document.

- Marcus

bkkuah17
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

If my understanding is correct Qlikview web pages can extract only direct hard-coded html tables

if html contain javascript generated table then it will not be able to extract data from javascript generated tables.

marcus_sommer

I'm not absolutely sure about it but yes I think that if the content will be created dynamically per javascript it won't work. If you don't need to query this website regular it might be an alternatively to store the site and/or doing a manually copy from the content. If it must be dynamically then you need to look if there is any API available (which then might be commercial).

- Marcus