Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Really Simple Sort on List Box - Not Working

Folks

I have no idea what is going wrong with this because this is a really simple list box sort.

I have a list of 12 months (JAN,FEB,MAR etc) that I wanted sorted in the correct order, and I don't want the sort order to change at all when one is selected. The table also has a month number in it.

See attached example:

1. First table uses the MonthNo field in the expression to sort by, State is switched off, sort order is fine until you select something and then it goes wrong, the selected value is always at the bottom.

2. The second table uses an expression to sort by, the expression is simply if JAN then 1, if FEB then 2 etc, this doesn't work either, but the selected value now appears at the top.

I put in a list box with MonthNo as the field and it worked fine.

I'm using V9 SR5 and have a felling that there may be a bug in this.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

see the modified example.

Good luck!

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

One solution is to change the order of your months in the inline table in your load script. I see they are all jumbled up so if you put them in the correct order (jan, feb, mar etc.) and then sort by load order in your list box it will work.

What you are experiencing does seem like strange behaviour so perhaps there is a bug somewhere........

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you check the attcahed document.

If am able to understand your problem then this will help you.

Regards,

Ravi