Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recipe for a Pareto Analysis

First thank you so much hic‌ for this post. Now we have below requirement. How can we get it done (attached QVW)?

Capture.JPG

-Heap

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any idea pls

sunny_talwar

May be this:

Avg

=Num(Avg({<ProductName = {"=RangeSum(Above(Sum(Sales), 1, RowNo())) / Sum(total Sales) <= 0.80"}>} Sales), '#,##0')

Min

=Num(Min({<ProductName = {"=RangeSum(Above(Sum(Sales), 1, RowNo())) / Sum(total Sales) <= 0.80"}>} Sales), '#,##0')

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

When used in real data set, it return wrong number. Any idea in new attached file?

Capture.JPG !

Heap

sunny_talwar

The problem here is that there is no way to sort using an expression within the Aggregate function. I think we need expert advice here from swuehl‌‌‌ gwassenaar‌‌ marcowedel‌‌‌ johnw

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny. It's OK if we cannot get average into text box. See below reference line (3 red lines) in scatter chart are manual input number. Can you suggest if it is do-able with dynamic expression in attached QVW file?

Capture.JPG

Heap

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You need two things for this:

1. A table with total sales values per product

2. Qlikview 12 or Qlik Sense so you can make use of the new sorting feature of the aggr function.

I don't have Qlikview 12 at hand right now, so I created an example in Qlik Sense in Qlik Cloud. I've attached the app here. If you don't have Qlik Sense you can upload it to Qlik Cloud (register for free if necessary) and then have a look at the expressions in the app.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Heap,

I need to ask you before moving

1) Pareto Class - Before expression you have % with two digits and current expression your limitations showing 0.8%

- Anil

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thank you so much for suggestion. For the moment, we only consider upgrade to QlikView 12.

to stay with Qlik

Heap

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

I did not get your point. By the way, I confirm that class A,B,C shown below is what I want. The only thing left is get average each class into text object. Any idea?

Capture.JPG

Heap