Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Recovery and Distribution - Personal Edition

I've used QlikView desktop (full version with license key) before but has recently changed job. I believe QlikView would be the solution to their current reporting and analytic needs but would need to do a test run for them before they could decide it is worth their money. So, here is what I am thinking --

Suppose USER1 creates a qvw with his machine and distributes/shares the files to the rest of his team, say USERS 2,3, and 4 who also has their own QV personal edition. Users 2,3 and 4 will never do dev work and will only be using the QVW to gather insights. All development will be done by USER1. For example, the reports are updated daily since data comes in on a daily basis. So all data updates and/or report changes will be created by USER1 then files are shared again.

From the Personal Edition FAQs‌is is stated that

1. PE is limited to 4 recoveries per installation

2. When you recover a QlikView file created with a previous installation, it will apply your new user key to ALL documents created using the previous installation, not just that particular file.

Would this mean,

1. On the first distribution, USERS2, 3 and 4 would each use 1 out of 4 recoveries allowed.

2. But succeeding files created and sent by  USER1 would already work on their machine (see 2 above)

Thank you for your insights. I would really like to get them appreciate the wonders QV has to offer. But we need to start somewhere.

2 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

QlikView Personal Edition the sharing of files between users is excluded. Can it make sense to consider the possibility of moving your applications to Qlik Sense Desktop? In Qlik Sense Desktop possible file sharing is supported.

Regards,

Andrey

Not applicable
Author

In this case, QlikView is the preferred engine. I wonder if anybody has tested this theory. I would try it myself but I dont have the machines to test.