Did you mean: 
yashcena
Contributor III
Contributor III

Refer a Column from other Column

Hi,

I have Resource_Name, ResourceID and ManagerID in my data model

Capture.JPG

How do I fetch the ManagerName from this data? I'm still learning  qlikview script syntaxes and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

YASH

4 Replies
niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

From you file I can see that you don't have Manager Name. However if you have a file that has the Manager Name you can load that file to another table together with Manager ID and the tables will link automatically (they always do when two columns have the same name in two separate tables).

yashcena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I dont have ManagerName stored anywhere separately. I need to make use of this data only to fetch the Manager Name. Can Inner Join be used? I'm not sure how to write it up.

rajivmeher
Creator
Creator

Hi Yash

I guess you want to get the manager name from resource name based on ManagerId and ResourceID match (correct me if I am wrong).

In that case you can load all resources data into a mapping table and applymap based on ManagerID column to get the required data.

Please see the attached QVD for example. Please note that I haven't reloaded the model because I didnt had the EXCEL file. You can reload it on you side and see if it works.

Regards

Rajiv.

PrashantSangle

use self join concept over here. You have to join same table to the existing table only while joining you have to rename resource_id field as manager_id

try below logic

Load Resource_id,

Resource_name,

Manager_id

From tableName;

Left Join

Load Resource_id as Manager_id,

Resource_name as Manager_name

From tableName;

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂