Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

Refresh the data any time

Hi,

i used developed app like

Extractor

data model

application

now user asking to keep a button to reload the new data at anytime. i set the task at QMC etractor is sucessfull data model will run datamodel is sucessfull application will run. task is running everyday 4 A.M. but user ask to reload at any time they visit. is this possible.

please guide me the way to do it.

Thanks

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct.  User can't reload this way, it is just a way to get the freshest possible data without user intervention.  For user initiated reload, the EDX is the only way.

Again, I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you use the continuous reload already.  You can end up with multiple reloads of the same app at the same time.

ajaykumar1
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Arul,

Your Requirement seems that whenever the user clicks on the button the application should refresh...correct.

Task1: Extractor---->Data Model  --> Applcation

Then create one dummy task which should complete in short time like in 1 min.

Then in trigeers----->Schedule the Task1 after completion of Dummy task.

It indicates that your application will run always.

But its not recommended....If your can't agree.We are helpless.

Thanks,

Ajay

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

when clikcking new data only reloaded so the reload time will be short. this is user asking

timanshu
Creator III
Creator III

Then implement incremental load.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What about Direct Discovery?

Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView is a great tool for BI, Data Discovery / Analysis and I love it and use it to great affect.

But I suspect your user is after an operational report / screen of information.  If this is the case then QlikView may well not be the correct tool to use.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Giving control to user is not good practice and even QlikView recommend this.

2. You can have a incremental load (if it is possible in your scenario) and schedule your app load in server side increase frequency of load (may be 15 min or 5 min) depending on your need.

Also consider when reload finished. every time  user's selection is clear in qlikview.

So if you make it very frequent . your user will be not able to do analysis or it will be frustrating task.

Thanks

BKC

Not applicable

I would challenge your users, it isn't really a good idea to allow them to refresh whenever they wish.