Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reg-duplicate fields repeating

Hi Team

i want to hide the duplicate fields which are continuously repeating in the qlikview reports.Please find the attached screen shots.i want to display the reports like CA REPORT LIST .qv.PNGca.PNGFrom the attachment displayed i want to display the reports like the second one .1.QVreport,2.CA Report. Please help me anyone from this.i want to display like the second  reports attachment.

8 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

From what I can see in the material you have shown is that the second report seems to have either:

a) A grouping that is not really shown in the table that governs how the various items are grouped into item groups.

For instance a field/column named ItemGroupID that maps to one or several ItemID and then you will get something like you show.

or alernatively:

b) A grouping by some wildcard / matching on the ItemDesc. This I consider less likely although it might be a possibilty.

So my question back is - isn't there some way you can find out if there is a "hidden" field/column that gives the kind of grouping - something like a ItemGroup? If there is such a field in the underlying data it is quite easy to achieve what you want quickly. If not you have to reverse engineer an approach by making your own grouping - which is more time-consuming and might be less precise.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the mail ,is there any process for solving this issue ,but my user is requesting the  reports shouold be like second one

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Then your client should be able to give you the table or specify the table that could be used to align the groups with different specific products.

Maybe there is a full report or extended report that could provide you the input you need to create such a table. At least they should be able to say something like:

"ACTONEL 35MG TAB" desciption = GROUP "ACTONEL 35 MG TAB"

"ACTONEL*4'S* OR "ACTONEL *28's*" = GROUP "ACTONEL 35MG TAB 4'S"

Or you have to make a list manually:

GROUP                                   ItemDesc

ACTONEL 35MG TAB              ACTONEL 35MG TAB

ACTONEL 35MG TAB 4'S        ACTONEL 35 MG TAB 4's

ACTONEL 35MG TAB 4'S        ACTONEL 35 MG  4'S

ACTONEL 35MG TAB 4'S        ACTONEL 35 MG TAB 28'S

Your client should be able to help you do the mapping - he knows his own business and how the different products relate to different groups. At least someone in his business should know and should be able to tell you.

ankitbisht01
Creator
Creator

I think there is a problem  in grouping .

Your values are grouped or linked on "Brand" only but not linked or grouped by field " Item Description".

Try to get your linking correct in QlikView . or you can share sample data tables.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the mail .can you please briefly how to group the respective filed.

we have taken dim in IN Report are-shiptocode,shipto -shipname,invdate,invno,itenname_s

we have taken dim for CA REPORT Are following screen shots.ca group.PNGca chane.PNGPlease could you tell me where to group here.

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Please Provide your data file and or QVW

ankitbisht01
Creator
Creator

i mean to see check in back end that (CAReport -country name, BU_Old,Brand_Name....) and (CAChannel- BrandNew, ItemName... etc) all fields you want to take as dimension should directly be linked or corresponding with your Value field(measure).  It seems your "values" are only associated with "Brand" dimension.

Not applicable
Author

use aggr function on brand