Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Regarding Personal Edition

Hi All,

I have a dashboard developed in Personal Edition and that need to be shared with one of my friend who has personal edition installed from her end.. Can I share the dashboard?? will that works fine from her end??

Is there any limitation on the number of attempts that she can open the dashboard that I have sent..

Awaiting for the reply.. Thanks in advance..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Assuming two people are using Personal Edition, and assuming there is only one file, each time the file is sent to the other person, opened and sent to the original again, both will use one recovery attempt. Step by step: you create a file and save it. Ok. Then you send it to the other person. She opens the file: uses one attempt. Then she does some changes and sends the file back to you and you open the file, you use one attempt even when you are the original developer of the file. Now you develop another file and send by email to her. When she opens this second file uses another attempt. The number of attempts is irrespective to the name or number of files. Each time any file travels from one computer to another, one recovery attempt is used.

Each time a recovery attempt happens, a warning is displayed so you can choose not to open the file.

If your copy has a license, either Local or if you are leasing a User CAL from a QlikView server, you are able to open any number of files at the same time irrespective the user that has created it, saved it, reloaded it, etc, even if the user is from another country and has a different license number.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

View solution in original post

10 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Personal edition cann't open the documents created by other licensed or personal editions.

Yes you can recover up to 4 attempts from the installed time and it will work fine.

Once you recovered then you cann't open the file that already developed qvw files using the personal editions before the recovery.

Celambarasan

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Lavanya,

For further reading on the limitations of QlikView Desktop Personal Edition, check this document. Basically, the user will not be able to open the file. There are four recoveries allowed, and each time you send her a new version one recovery will be used. And after opening your file, if she opens a file she already created previous to yours, she will use another recovery.

After four, you will not be able to open files any longer, but you could still create your own documents.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

But I have opend the file which was created by the licensed version.

I can't open the files that are created on personal and Licensed version ?? or Can I open the files which are developed using Personal or Licensed version for four attempts??One more Quick question..

What happens if I change the name of the application and share it..

Assume that I am using personal edition and also  my frined uses the same..

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Just a quick question.. Will I be not able to open the appl that are created using personal edition or Licensed edition?? Else I will be allowed to open the files but there is a limitation of four recoveries??

Plz assume that both the people are using the personal edition..

Thanks

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

You can open the files developed by Personal or Licensed version for four attempts only.After that you cann't able to open it.

Changing the name of the application is not related with the license or personal edition its embedded inside the qlikview file.

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

So it means I can't share the file just by changinf the name.I have to recreate the same appl and share it  again so that it can be opened four more times...

Please correct me if I am wrong...

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Yes absolutely.One more thing is if other end person once recovered the file you sent then he/she cann't open the previously created files in the same machine.

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

I am sorry dnt mind for asking you more questions..

Let me just brief you the thing.

I have created a file and shared file1 --- it can be opended by the otherend person 4 times..

I have recreated the a new file2  and shared it.-- It can also be opend 4 times or not??

But can I know the reason why the other end person can't open the files that has been created at her end??

Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Assuming two people are using Personal Edition, and assuming there is only one file, each time the file is sent to the other person, opened and sent to the original again, both will use one recovery attempt. Step by step: you create a file and save it. Ok. Then you send it to the other person. She opens the file: uses one attempt. Then she does some changes and sends the file back to you and you open the file, you use one attempt even when you are the original developer of the file. Now you develop another file and send by email to her. When she opens this second file uses another attempt. The number of attempts is irrespective to the name or number of files. Each time any file travels from one computer to another, one recovery attempt is used.

Each time a recovery attempt happens, a warning is displayed so you can choose not to open the file.

If your copy has a license, either Local or if you are leasing a User CAL from a QlikView server, you are able to open any number of files at the same time irrespective the user that has created it, saved it, reloaded it, etc, even if the user is from another country and has a different license number.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel