Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chandrikag
Contributor II
Contributor II

Regarding the working of Rangesum()

I would like to know how RANGESUM() works and what would the result be for this: RANGESUM(1,2,'abc',NULL(),5)?

Please let me know.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

To check the output, you can create a text object with the expression you have:

Capture.PNG

It is summing non-null numeric values (1, 2, and 5) and ignores null and letters.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

To check the output, you can create a text object with the expression you have:

Capture.PNG

It is summing non-null numeric values (1, 2, and 5) and ignores null and letters.

chandrikag
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Sunny!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chandrika,

I'm glad you were able to get some assistance. If Sunny's reply fully answered your question, please take a moment to mark his post as the Correct Answer. This changes the thread category from Unanswered Question to Answered Question and awards points to Sunny for helping you.

For more details, please see this thread: Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best regards,

Qlik Community Moderation Team

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

RangeSum() is not an aggregation function. It sums only individual numerical values that are listed as parameters to this call. There is no limit to the number of parameters you can specify.

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In addition to the preceding, RangSum() will always return a value because invalid values (like text or NULL values) will all be treated as 0. That's the main and very useful difference with the + operator which fill return NULL as soon as even one operand proves to be invalid or NULL.

chandrikag
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Cammaert!