Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Relations lost after loading columns of a database

Hello,

I'm using QV Express (11.20) to test the application for a company. I have a MS-access database with several columns like application owner, operating system, location, SLA, etc. I have made a connection from QV with the database without a problem. Then I selected the used column heads and reloaded the script, also no problem.

Then I added a workpage and selected the added column heads, also no problem. The view is the same as within my database.

But if I select an item in QV (ie application owner) the other fields doesn't change only the fields of the operating system.  Other fields should change because an owner has less servers.  If I do the same filters in the database the corresponding fields are shown and a short list exists.
I can do this with several combinations but no correct list is shown while in the database it works fine.

So it seems that the relationship between the fields is gone.

What am I doing wrong?

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you checked your data model? I think you probably know that you need to link tables by key columns having the same field name, and that you should in principle avoid having more than one fields linking two tables (this will create a so called synthetic key in QV, to avoid this use for example a combined key field) and having a path that link your tables in a loop, e.g. TableA  - TableB - TableC - TableA).

I assume in your case, tables are not linked because they miss a common key field, a field in both tables with same field name.

If this is not the issue, could you upload a small sample application that demonstrates your issue? It's not a problem that you are using the personal edition, all users with a license can open it.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Swuehl,

thanks for the information. Due to my cleaning activity a connection was lost and a look was implemented.

It's solved now.