cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sangland2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Reload engine is down

Hi, There are numerous posts about this but not one that helps. In QMC reload engine was showing as down (orange). The windows servers them selves were showing started with no problem. Still I restarted the services (not the server itself) and the problem goes away. Meanwhile no models have been reloading. I want to implement monitoring that can detect the problem in QV QMC and restart the windows services automatically. Does anyone have a command file that will do this? There will have been some network event that lead to this as qvconnect32.exe are also left running. I can taskkill these, but QV services are not recovering adequately. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies
sangland2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for this. I think a simple command file to stop and restart the services proactively at an off peak time is necessary if there is any possibility of instability. Using more complex tools to figure out if services are responding are then not necessary. I understand the benefits of letting qlikview cache spin up for faster results so not restartng is better, but availability of services is more important.

Also useful will be psping to monitor remote ports needed for odbc connections that might not be available. Thanks  

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Simon,

Might be this will help u:

1. Right click on your Qlik services and enable below condition.

2. I would recommend to check windows log files on your QlikView server for error's

Thanks,

AS

sangland2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, but as mentioned, the windows services are showing as started and have not reported any errors in event log, so nothing to recover.

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi ,

have you looked at the logs,

tasklog.JPG

Check and see what are all the errors displayed.

HTH,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
sangland2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Hirish, the model was found to be in a "Running" state for 3 days with no error, so no escalation emails from QV failures that would have alerted our Support to a problem. On checking a qvconnect32.exe process is still running and the qmc reports reload engine is down. The solution was to kill the qvconnect32.exe and restart the services. I expect the bug will be fixed one day, the purpose of this call is to find a way to reduce the risk. Proactively restarting the services (in case they are in a non responsive state) is the best approach I have in the short term. So I will mark Marcus's answer as correct.