Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload is disabled upon distribution

There is something I need help in understanding.

When I run a task from the publisher to create a .qvd file all of the code from the loader qvw disappears and is replaced by this message: '// Write your script here. Note: Reload is disabled upon distribution. Enable by changing the checkbox at Settings->Document preferences->Security->Reload.'

I make sure the reload checkbox was selected and the same thing happened.  When I ran the publisher the code from the loader qvw was gone and the reload checkbox was deselected.

I have many other publisher tasks running and no problems.  This is my first qvd.   I am running V10 Initial Release.  I just ran the patch last week to support the new iPad and iPhone OS.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kal

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kal

I've the same problem. I set up a task to just copy a qvw file without any reload to another directory. the code disappears and a reload of the copied file is not possible. also tried to enable the checkbox.

did you found a solution or do you still waiting of an answer?

regards,

claudio

Not applicable
Author

Claudio,

There were 2 issues at the time.  In one instance I accidently published the qvd to the same directory.   The rest of the problems were caused by missing information in the source document definition.  Information that I did not delete.  On the reduce tab the value %SourceDocumentName% was missing.  Once that was readded then everything puiblished.  Another error I got at the time from this was the addition of a number such as '_2' or '_4' to the file name and this all seems to have originated from the missing source document value.

Reduce.gif

I hope this is of some help to you Claudio.

Kal

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kal

thanks for your answer. The problem is still there. I have my QV application in the following directory:

D:\Qlikview_Data\SourceDocuments\1000_Entwicklung\2100_Finanzen

This ist the directory where we are doing the development of the applications. For several reasons we separated the development directory from the test directory. The test directory is:

D:\Qlikview_Data\SourceDocuments\2000_Test\2100_Finanzen

This is still in the SourceDocuments located. The QV Task should only copy the QVW from the directory

D:\Qlikview_Data\SourceDocuments\1000_Entwicklung\2100_Finanzen into the directory

D:\Qlikview_Data\SourceDocuments\2000_Test\2100_Finanzen without reloading, neither any reduction.

001.png

Is it a problem that the task should copy a qvw from one directory to another which are within the SourceDocument structure?

Any ohter hints or tips? Or did I understand you in the wrong way?

Best regards,

Claudio

Not applicable
Author

Claudio,

Have you tried to publish to the server instead of the folders.  I used to publish to the folders, but in conversations with Qlikview support they recommended to publish to the server.  The existing configuration for publishing to folder will work for publishing to the server.

distribution.gif

Kal