Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload of qvw failed

Hi qlikview folks,

I've a serious problem regarding reloading of a particular qvw,which ia qvd generator. That qvw is present in the server. Only a particular user in our network is able to reload that qvw and for me the executionof script is getting failed and asking to reload old data? even thoigh none of the applications are opened.

I've all the admin access in the server and the qvw doesn't have section acess either.

I couldn't understand the reason for the error and when I try to save the document it is returning sharing violation and it's asking for "save as".

We have qlikview server as well as qlikview publisher in our server accessing that qvw.

Please any one can help me regarding this as I'm struck here.

Thanks,

Surendra

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You should always check the application log first, to enable that go to document properties and look for the Generate Document Log option.

Also, seems like either the file or the log file is currently open by another application that has not closed it properly. You could try looking for that application or killing any QV.EXE processes running on the server.

You can also try restarting the server to free the file.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You should always check the application log first, to enable that go to document properties and look for the Generate Document Log option.

Also, seems like either the file or the log file is currently open by another application that has not closed it properly. You could try looking for that application or killing any QV.EXE processes running on the server.

You can also try restarting the server to free the file.

Not applicable
Author

This has happened to us a couple times. In our experience, the only way to get it to work was to restart the server.