Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reload qvw from windows task scheduler

I have Qlikview server on a windows server 2008 server.

I already have 1 Qlikview dashboard scheduled in the qlik console (by trigger) and i also need to schedule it to run every day at 11am.

I thought I used the windows task scheduler but it is not working.

the bat file works. ( in command line)

some help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ricardo,

when creating a task in windows task scheduler there are often two issues: credentials (password) and "Log on as service" privilage the account should have when running a task. Check those.

Hope this helps.

Juraj

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ricardo,

¿Why do you need to use the task scheduler instead of doing it on the qliksense server?

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ricardo,

when creating a task in windows task scheduler there are often two issues: credentials (password) and "Log on as service" privilage the account should have when running a task. Check those.

Hope this helps.

Juraj

mgavidia
Creator
Creator

Ricardo,

I have some Qlikview documents that I use to collect data from different data sources, I want to keep those private, so, I've scheduled them to run with Windows Task Scheduler using a batch file, just like you say you have yours.

Here is the setup on my Task Scheduler which works without problems; see if your setup is missing anything from mine.

Having said that, I also have several users dashboards that I refresh daily at a specific time.

For them, I use the Reload feature under Documents tab of the QMC.

I hope this helps you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

because Qmc only have 1 way of scheculing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the problem was : user running batch need to be a qlik user licenced

holguinmora
Contributor III
Contributor III

Mgvidia hi, 

I all ready did all the procedure but it allow me to open Qlik Sense Desktop but I´m missing how to run or load the info from a specific app, can you give me hand with your comments?

Regards