Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload (& refresh?) an open document in personal edition

Hello

Very new to Qlikview, and currently trailing the personal edition. I need to reload a document automatically every 5 minutes. I have managed to get this to work by windows scheduler as mentioned in various posts on this site.

How-ever if the document is open, the reload doesn’t seem to take effect until you close & re-open the document. I have clarified that the reload is working, (because if you close and re-open the document the data is updated with the new info), it is as if the document doesn’t refresh.

Please point me in the right direction!

5 Replies
Colin-Albert

QlikView server pushes reloads to users. You are using a desktop version so clicking reload in the document is the way to refresh the data. The batch file will refresh and save an updated file, you must open this file to get the updated data, if the file is open then you may get locking issues.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Qlikview desktop operates entirely in-memory and is not connected in any way to the disk file. So when you refresh the model in a separate QV process, the disk file is updated and the desktop client has no way to retrieve the updated information unless you close and re-open the document as you are doing.

Background refresh is possible with QV server, but not with the desktop.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Colin

So is it not possible reload the document automatically, say every 5 minutes when using a desktop/ personal version?

I wanted to avoid having to click reload everytime!

Colin-Albert

You will need QV Server to have the reload pushed to the users automatically.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks All,

Not the answer I was hoping for but I understand.

I created a work-around, using dynamic changing sheets ( they loop around), and a macro that triggers on sheet activate which reloads the document, and this seems to work fine.