Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tracycrown
Creator III
Creator III

Remark missing

Dear Sir/Madam

Kindly help to advise why remark column cannot be shown.

Thank you, Tracy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tracycrown
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Mr MayiValhanan

Thank you so much for your kind advice, it works now. 

I came to know that it works if you loaded Sales.xlxs before Profit Plan.xlxs and it will not work if I arranged the other way around, can I say the sequence of loading is important ?.

I am also wondering whether you still can see my further queries if I click "Accept as Solution". If you cannot see, then I will feedback to Qlik to improve their system.

Thank you very much, Tracy 

View solution in original post

11 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

this is because multiple values of Remark field is possible.

maybe the remarks column needs to be further calculated?

MayilVahanan

Hi @tracycrown 

Try with intervalmatch concept for your data.

PFA

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
edwin
Master II
Master II

if you move your calculated Grade to the dimension instead of the expression it will work

edwin
Master II
Master II

also set it as ignore when null

tracycrown
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Mr MayilVahanan

Thanks for your kind advice, it seems to me that the problem of remark has been solved but it creates another problem in the Profit Plan table, some data are missing for Product 20001 ?. Please help again.

I sincerely thanks you for your kind effort in resolving many of my problems but I am wondering why you stop answering further query after I accepted as solution.  You are such a knowledgeable and experienced teacher and I have a lot to learn from you. 

Thanks for your continuous support, Tracy

tracycrown
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Mr. Edwin

Thank you so much for pointing out my issue and enclosed with a PNG file. You are so special as most of the problem solvers or advisors  just helped to solve the issue without explaining WHY ?. 

Your method has solved my problem but I cannot show two Grades (Dimension & Expression) in one report, is there a better way to hide the Grade in dimension ?.

MayilVahanan

Hi @tracycrown 

In that case, we can change inner join to left join to fix the problem.

Left Join
IntervalMatch(Price, Product)
LOAD Price_Lower, Price_Upper,Product Resident ProfitPlan;

Join
LOAD * Resident Sales;

DROP Table Sales;

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
tracycrown
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Mr MayiValhanan

Thank you so much for your kind advice, it works now. 

I came to know that it works if you loaded Sales.xlxs before Profit Plan.xlxs and it will not work if I arranged the other way around, can I say the sequence of loading is important ?.

I am also wondering whether you still can see my further queries if I click "Accept as Solution". If you cannot see, then I will feedback to Qlik to improve their system.

MayilVahanan

Hi @tracycrown 

Yes. 

"I am also wondering whether you still can see my further queries if I click "Accept as Solution". If you cannot see, then I will feedback to Qlik to improve their system."

<-- if you got the solution & closed the thread means, the issue resolved. Mostly, the closed thread will see for reference not for discuss further. For new queries, you can create new thread and no need to wait for same person to reply. Many talented people can reply & help you to solve the solution.

And also, you can't mark your own answer as correct / like  😉😉.

@Brett_Bleess , can you suggest your opinion ?