Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III

Remove Green Indicator on Tabs

Hi all,

I found lots of threads regarding this and all unanswered and even very old so reopening it . I need to remove that green indicator on Tabs. Please Suggest any ways,, macros, extensions, any idea is fine

Note:

I cannot hide the selected field in that sheet as that is an important filter. 

greendot.PNG

Thanks in advance,

Aswin

15 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Do those objects have any calculation condition or show condition?

I don't see how this should be any different to display the tabrow, visibility of the objects should remain the same with and without tabrow, unless it was something already happening before.

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes those objects have show conditions. But those have no relationship with my Menu button

Apologies!. I know its bad reading such big explanations. Still if you find time go ahead

I think I am confusing you a bit. Let me state it clearly. Leave about those green dots also.

Now I have hidden all Tabs. That part is over. No issues. I have 10 Sheets in my application. In all 10 sheets I have 10 linked Text boxes in each, which just have active sheet Actions. That part is also over which is working perfectly. Now those 10 Text boxes should be displayed only when I click a button(say Menu). When I click back it should go again, Like a drop down. Show I created a button which has 'Set variable' Action if(variable=1,0,1).  And all those 10 Text boxes have conditional show as variable=1. Am in Sheet 1 now. I have 4 charts which also has conditional show as Period='Days'. Where Period field is on open selected as Days. Now when I click Menu button now. those 10 Text boxes appears. The problem is when I click Menu button 4 charts in that page also gets refreshed. so the 10 Text boxes appears after this delay only. My doubt is When there is no impact between my Menu button and Charts why it is also getting refreshed.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The QlikView client is asynchronous, so you can expect some delay, indeed, because heavier objects may take a little bit longer to render but lighter objects may display instantly. Since in QlikView part of the rendering job is done in the client but most is done in the server, the faster or less congested the server is, the faster the objects will render.

Likewise, the faster the browser / laptop is on the client the lower that difference between objects will be.

In your case it seems that the show condition is calculated every time you click on those text objects/menu, which could explain, based on the above, why those charts are recalculated or refreshed. However, for this to happen, there must be either an explicit condition based on those menus, or a trigger on a field or variable OnChange or OnSelect.

If this is not what is happening, a sample QVW where we can reproduce the issue will help.

prieper
Master II
Master II

think it is a natural behaviour that after each changed selection or changed variable, the dataset is re-calculated.

Peter

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yeah Really Helpful. Thanks for a neat Explanation. But there is no Trigger on that particular variable. Let me try replicating the scenario in a sample app

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Peter. So irrespective of the link between the selected object and the dataset, the whole dataset is re-calculated?.