Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III

Remove Green Indicator on Tabs

Hi all,

I found lots of threads regarding this and all unanswered and even very old so reopening it . I need to remove that green indicator on Tabs. Please Suggest any ways,, macros, extensions, any idea is fine

Note:

I cannot hide the selected field in that sheet as that is an important filter. 

greendot.PNG

Thanks in advance,

Aswin

15 Replies
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

Place your Listbox with selection inside a Container. And then delete the listbox!

hope this helps

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hide the tabrow altogether. Use buttons or text objects to emulate a menu that users can click on to navigate through the document.

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yeah tried this idea.. It seems working but I have 14 sheets and many many filters in each.. It is great pain doing such customization. still very good idea to follow if there is no other way

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

User Prefers Tabs. We have 10+ sheets

As it will auto Scroll to the selected sheet and there is inbuilt arrows to navigate it also. These features wont be snappy if we achieve it by buttons

scroll.PNG

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It depends, we have large applications with 20+ sheets and the navigation via linked text objects with the tabrow completely hidden works quite fluently. Also because using those buttons to scroll can make users get lost.

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

True. Let me try that also

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Small confusion in performance aspect. I have a simple Button (having an 'set variable' action with if condition) to display list of Pages. when I click that button my charts in the whole page gets loaded again, which is annoying for users. though there is no link between that button and charts why do my charts load. Is this qlikview's default nature?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Why don't you use the built-in action "Activate Sheet"? All the sheets can exist in your QVW, just that they are not exposed to the user. A set of textboxes or buttons can provide the look and feel of a website with no impact in performance and very small impact to maintenance.

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I am using Activate sheet Actions only. I have linked Text objects in all pages which have active sheet actions. there is no problem in performance or maintenance.But sue to Space Constraint. We built a Menu button to display those Text objects. So in this Menu Button am using an if to set variable and.. conditional show on all those Text objects. The scenario I explained  in the previous comment is for this Menu button.. When I click it , instead of just showing the Text objects , all other objects(Charts) also gets loaded( seems to go away and appear again.).