Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nino
Contributor III
Contributor III

Remove Hidden Script so that it can be replaced

Hello guys,

I need some help in hidden script; in my old qw sheet (created with a previous version), I have the "Edit hidden script" and the "Change hidden script password" enabled, and the  "Create hidden script" and "Remove hidden script disabled".

It seems to be and existing hidden script, so I'd like to delete it, of course by keeping the rest of the qw file intact.

I've tried to follow two suggestions found in the community:

- export the document layout as suggested here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/Remove-Hidden-Script-so-that-it-can-be-replac...

but it doesn't create the Layout.xml file required for the further importation

- As suggested here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt6vIvjtY74 : create a prj folder, delete the DocBinary.dat and re-open the qw document, but qw doesn't re-open (it seem to go in loop).

Have you got any other suggestion, pls?

Thanks.

N.

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The Remove option is enabled after you click the Edit and enter the hidden script password. I don't know if there are any workarounds if you have lost the password.

Deleting DocBinary.dat is unlikely to work because it may contain other information such as connection string passwords and embedded graphics as well the hidden password.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Nino
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello jontydkpi,

thank you for the reply 🙂

I've followed this procedure: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/module-password/td-p/163110

and it works properly; I've checked that nothing was lost of my original qw file (neither the password for the connection string), however it doesn't contain any report, neither probably the objects you write about.

Thanks a lot.

N.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just to add a point of clarification here, the use of Hidden Scripts is such that if you do forget the password, things are designed not to be recoverable due to the fact we have no means of knowing who created it etc., and we do not want to allow someone else's intellectual property to be taken, so that is the likely explanation as to why you are seeing what you are seeing and is likely what should be be expected in this case.  You need to be sure you put any hidden script passwords in a safe recovery location somewhere in case you leave or forget it, otherwise the app may become unusable and again, we will not recover things in these cases due to the intellectual property related issues.  Hopefully this helps further explain the behavior.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.