Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Remove Hidden Script so that it can be replaced

I would like to completely remove the hidden script and its password so that I can create a new hidden script.

We have lost our hidden script password. I can recreate the functionality of the hidden script but I need to be able to strip the hidden script from an existing qvw file.

The qvw file is complex and it would be difficult to copy/paste each sheet to a new file while preserving all of the options/functionality.

There are lots of posts looking to recover a password. Just to be clear, I don't care to recover the password or script I just want to be able to add a new hidden script.

What options do I have?

QV10 SR1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Miguel Angel Baeyens wrote:
QlikView asks for its password before exporting. <div></div>

I did not find this to be the case with "Export Document Layout" in QV10 SR1.

There seems to be some bugs in the document layout export and import functionality in QV10 SR1. See this thread: http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/39939/158485.aspx

I was able to solve this by doing a document export, then deleting the "docbinary.dat" file before following the instructions on the thread above for import.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I guess you know this 🙂 Talk to QlikView Support and see how it goes.

Not applicable
Author

Here is how to move an application from one QVW into a new QVW... This is based on QV10, but should also work in 9

1) Export your load script and dashboard: Open existing QVW, File > Export > Export Document Layout... this will export an xml file that contains load script, dashboard, (and probably variables but need to test to be sure).

2) Import into new QVW: Open a new QVW, File > Import > Import Document Layout... This will load your script file/dashboard objects as they were in the previous qvw (only with no data until you reload).

Andy Rizzuto
www.nxgenconsulting.com

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

When a hidden script exists in the document, QlikView asks for its password before exporting. Anyway, it allows to skip the hidden script and saves the document layout indeed (except for the part of the hidden script, that in this case doesn't seem to be relevant). So anything stored in the hidden script will be lost.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Miguel Angel Baeyens wrote:
QlikView asks for its password before exporting. <div></div>

I did not find this to be the case with "Export Document Layout" in QV10 SR1.

There seems to be some bugs in the document layout export and import functionality in QV10 SR1. See this thread: http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/39939/158485.aspx

I was able to solve this by doing a document export, then deleting the "docbinary.dat" file before following the instructions on the thread above for import.

Not applicable
Author

HI,

i have the same Problem, the Link above does not works, can somebody help me???

kartadair how did you solved your problem?

Thanks