cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Renaming QlikView Access point url

Hello All,

I would like to access QlikView application on mobile. I don't have any VPN but would like to access QlikView application using Maas360. The issue which i am facing at the moment is, Mass360 does not accept / and my access point url consist of / i.e. http://localhost/qlikview.

Now, I want to alias my url somewhere in QlikView(at my end) to a one word 'QlikView' . Is there any possibilities or option to alias access point url to one word i.e. 'QlikView'.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Imran Khan

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In your browsers address bar, you can omit various parts of a regular URL. Which means that if you call your AP machine 'qlikview' and you configure an empty path name to the AP landing page in the QVWS section of QMC, simply entering 'qlikview' into the browser address bar may just land you on the AP home page.

However, behind your back the browser may add some needed url parts to this minimal address, like a protocol, a semicolon and two initial slashes.  Because those are essential parts of any url. And a browser will try some variations if the first url (simply 'qlikview') fails to lead to a valid web site.

You can tell your browser to navigate to an AP by simply enterig 'qlikview' in the address bar, because modern browsers are used to users-in-a-hurry. But I doubt that this will work when the browser subsequently tries to navigate the web to your accesspoint.

It sounds similar to wanting to drive your car into your garden but without wheels or mirrors because otherwise you won't get through the hallway of your house...

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Very true Peter. Mass360 does not accept any special characters in url. We need to authorize the url in Mass360 then only I can access the application. it is something like local office network.