cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Repetitive values in pivot table

Hi,

I have a pivot table where certain expressions have to used as dimensions and only monthly counts have to be displayed as expressions. The dimension values are repeating. can someone please help me fix this? thanks!

16 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Why do you need to show them as dimensions ? You can chnage the positions of expressions to put it in any order.

can you provide some more detail? its not clear with the info you provided.

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your prompt response Pradosh!

All these columns on to the left.. users want those to be static and jus the month values, they should be able to choose dynamically from the filters. Meaning first 6 columns should always b there where as the next columns can change based on the selections made.

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If the calculations need to be used as dimensions, and they should not change when making selections, then calculate them in the script and then you can display them as Dimensions.  Be careful though, they will be static and won't change with selections, so do not sure those values in Calculations in charts, because they won't be right.

That is what I would do.  I would create an LOB dimension called Users, Total all files Jan-Dec, Total Docs, Total Individual WS, and Total Emails.

Good Luck,

Nate

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response Nate.

Sorry for not being clear.

Values has to change based on the selections/filters. But the columns Users, Total all files Jan-Dec, Total Docs, Total Individual WS and Total Emails should retain its position.

No selections made:  displays latest 6 months data

When May and June months are selected:

All I'm trying here is NOT to display the same values over and over in these 5 columns.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

sure..

we would help you with that. any sample qvw.data woule be good to work on .

Learning never stops.
PrashantSangle

Hi,

What I understand from your attached image is Data is not repeating. There LOB was different.

change sequence of LOB Demote it to last.

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Added a sample.qvw to my original post.

Please take a look.

I would really appreciate your help! Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When I demote LOB to the last, this is how it looks

But the requirement is to display LOB and other columns first and then the columns Users, Total all files Jan-Dec, Total Docs, Total Individual WS and Total Emails followed by monthly counts where the display of months can change based on selections.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

I would really appreciate your help! Thanks!

PrashantSangle

Can you show us how you want to present your data w.r.t above input data???..

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂