Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLL72
Contributor II
Contributor II

Replace a value in a column

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to replace a value in a column ?

This is my data:

lets say Employee A is from the Sales Department, is it possible to have a drop down for department which overrides his actual department?

i.e. in the override drop down if we select HR, the data will assume employee A is from HR instead of Sales. and this will then change my expression in the table ( avg.rate by department as he is now in HR not Sales) 

JLL72_0-1605812936764.png

Could anyone please help?

Thanks

Joe

14 Replies
JLL72
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

there are around 80,000,000 records - thank you so much, i will look at it tomorrow morning 

JLL72
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Edin, your latest solution runs much fast! as we dont need to duplicate the rates anymore. 

just wondering if there is a way to just use one employee column to filter the data , instead of having another WhatIfEmployee column?

edwin
Master II
Master II

you can try that.  you just need to be careful if you select employees, the departments will be filtered as well.  so you need to adjust your expressions.  my idea was create a list detached from the data set - this way, the expressions will be simpler

edwin
Master II
Master II

after giving it some thought, i removed the employee island table and changed the expression.  see attached.

one expression did get a little bit more complex but simplified the other.

JLL72
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Edwin !! you are a STAR