Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Repointing of qlikview doc. to another database version

Can we repoint the whole qlikview document to some other databe version with the same data?? Like, first we make the report with an Access Database and then i repoint that report to an Oracle database which has the same data as that of Access Database.

3 Replies
sbaldwin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hi, yes you can just change the connection string, so long as you don't have and Jet SQL in your code, ie you just have SQL Select * from .........

Thanks

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Thanx Steve for the reply. So u mean i just have to change the scripting part, just have to connect to the other database and then selecting tables from it. If this database contains the same table as in Access database, then there should be no effect on the report???

sbaldwin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Well, the script should run just fine, however you could not guarentee that the data formats would remain the same going from access to Oracle, so you couldn't say categorically that the report will be OK, all i would say it try it, then check the report focussing on dates in particular.

you should start with the document properties -> tables go through each of the columns and check all the tags have come through the same. if they are then you are probably ok.

Thanks

Steve