Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_venu
Creator
Creator

Report Banding over all values

Hi,

I have a report where i have enabled banding over a FIELD1.

But its mostl likely that the user will be selecting a value in the FIELD1.

and now if they go to print the report, since we have already a selected value in the FIELD1, the report prints only for the selected value.

How can i make the banding enabled for all the values and not just for the possible values.

Thanks,

Venu

6 Replies
sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Venu,

Can you ellaborate your Question bit more.

Printing the report means, i assume that your user going to print the report by going to Report Menu--> Print Report.

What you can do is, You can create dummy report with same information and use this report for generating report by suppression the selection in FIELD1 using set analysis.

Hope this helps you.

-Sridhar

qlik_venu
Creator
Creator
Author

hi Sridhar,

Yea am trying to Report Menu -> Print Report.

Can you please explain the set analysis approach you have suggested. thanks a lot.

Venu

sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Venu,

Have look at the attached application.

I have two same report in my sample application, "Report With Selection" and "Report Without Selection".

"Report With Selection" - Will Accept the selection from the list box and

"Report Without Selection" - Will Not accept any seelction from the list box.

So i have created a pdf report with the "Report Without Selection", so PDF o/p  will not have any selection.

Hope this helps you.

-Sridhar

qlik_venu
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for the approach.

I also created a bookmark which would null all selections of a field. And then linked this bookmark to the page settings. By this whenever i give a print, the bookmarks unselects all the values of the field.

Thanks,

Venu

qlik_venu
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for the approach.

I also created a bookmark which would null all selections of a field. And then linked this bookmark to the page settings. By this whenever i give a print, the bookmarks unselects all the values of the field.

Thanks,

Venu

giuval45
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Sridhar, simple and effective 😉 Many thanks, Giulio (Italy)