Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coxon_88
Contributor II
Contributor II

Report Builder without Export to Excel permissions

Hi,

I've had this issue before but thought i'd ask the community this time. Is it possible to allow users without export to excel permissions to open a pdf report in Accesspoint built using the report builder? If not, this seems like a bit of an oversight as I have an app which i don't want people extracting data from but yet they need to be able to print a simple report.

Thanks!

3 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

May be try this :  Document Properties -> Security -> Unchecked 'Allow Export'2020-02-11_22h40_19.png

coxon_88
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but i'm afraid that doesn't work. Allow export is already enabled in the app but unless the user is in a group which has been given export to excel access in the QMC then they can't open the report. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Need some further information regarding version of QlikView you are running and exactly what you are doing, as I am not quite sure just yet, but my understanding is you have a chart object which has been added to a Report via the QlikView Report Editor, but the users are not able to print that report to PDF without being allowed to Export?  I may have just figured things out though, if the users in question do NOT belong to the group you have granted access to in the QMC\Documents\User Documents, things do appear to be working as expected, as the feature there is Print & Export...  The likely rationale for the combination is if you are allowed to print, which you could then walk away with things, why would you knot also allow Export to Excel too...  That is about the best explanation I have at the moment, but the two are tied together here, so if the users in question are blocked, then they will not be able to print OR export to Excel...  Shout if you have further questions or can provide further information.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.