Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ethanch
Contributor II
Contributor II

Report Editor - Report size limit

Hi All, 

I am trying to create a Report in QlikView using Report Editor. The report itself is simply, a table and a chart. 

I set up a button to trigger the printing. It work perfectly fine in the desktop version. 

But in Access Point, if the table go beyond 10 pages, I would get the message of server time out after a while. 

If I select the report from the report downtown on top, it would display the "printing report" message and then stuck there for 5 minutes or more then get "timeout exceeded" or the page refresh itself, and no report.

I wonder if there is a data size limit for the report tools in Access Point. There are reports with 10 pages getting stuck and a report with 50 pages printing in a different Application. 

Any resources and directions are appreciated.  

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The issue is going to be the need to increase your SocketTimeoutInSeconds setting so the Ajax Client and Server wait longer for those larger reports to complete, here is an Article link for you that should be what you need:

SocketTimeOutInSeconds setting 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I haven't used report editor in the last years as NPrinting is the tool used to create reports for almost all our customers that has this requirement.

I don't remember such kilimit when creating reports, and also you have another app that confirms in can go upper the 10 page limit, maybe there is an object with so many rows that doesn't have enough resources to process. Have you tried with a reduced set of data to confirm if it can work with less data to process?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The issue is going to be the need to increase your SocketTimeoutInSeconds setting so the Ajax Client and Server wait longer for those larger reports to complete, here is an Article link for you that should be what you need:

SocketTimeOutInSeconds setting 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.