cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Report Item Settings between QV sheet and Report page

silly question, but when we drag and drop an object from the sheet to a report page, does it preserve the Height and Width settings of the object? or do they have to be redone?

Would be a good feature to have in case not available

4 Replies
Not applicable

Amirvas,

When you an add an object to the Report in QlikView, it appears to have the same size in the report as in the document but it's not the case. The height and width of the object in the Report is actually different from the size of the object in the QlikView Document.

You can manually fix or specify the size of the object used in the report. To do this, Go to the Report you are working on, Edit. Right Click on the desired object and select Item Settings (see the picture below). Here, you can specify the same height and width that you have used for the object in the QlikView Document.

ReportObjectSizesettings.png

Hope that helps.

Regards,

-Khaled.

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

The problem with that is the object gets distorted. On the QV Sheet, I can see a text object with text but the same position (x,y) coordinates and the same height and width hide the text in the text object.

Hope this helps explain my dilemma

Not applicable

Hi,

If I understand this correctly, the text object in the document displays text correctly, but inside the report, it's not displayed (since you say the object is distorted).

Have you tried changing the Stretch type for that object under Item Settings. You can find a couple of options like Clip, Fill With Aspect, etc here.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

-Khaled.

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes, but that still doesn’t meet the pixel specifications I have for the report

Thanks.

Amir.

=====================

Amirali Vastani