Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Report Writer - Trouble with Borders

Hello All,

I am sure / hope I have the simplest question of the day. I am creating reports within QV 8.5 and all of the borders on the text objects are not being printed! Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

It seems like there are two borders for a Text Object on a Report. One is under the Layout of the Text Object Properties. I assume that is the one you are trying to use. It doesn't appear that that works on a report.

You can get a border around Text Objects on a Report, but it is limited. Right-click on your object on the Report and choose Item Settings. Under the General tab, you have the option to Use Border. Your only options are color and width with this border though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It seems like there are two borders for a Text Object on a Report. One is under the Layout of the Text Object Properties. I assume that is the one you are trying to use. It doesn't appear that that works on a report.

You can get a border around Text Objects on a Report, but it is limited. Right-click on your object on the Report and choose Item Settings. Under the General tab, you have the option to Use Border. Your only options are color and width with this border though.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help. The limited controls on the object on the report writer are not really what I am looking for. I'll have to go for the creation of a range of images for my headers to get round this.

Thanks again for your help.

Peter