Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Report to Print Lines from Straight Table

I have created a report for a straight table and I am wondering if there is a way to show the lines when printing like you can in Excel. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Style.pngJonathan,

I found it. Under the Style tab there is a current style that adds the lines.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

rowno.PNG.pngif you add an expression:  rowno()  . It will enumerate the rows in the straight table 1...N.  Drag it from right to left so that it shows to the left of the other columns.

Is that what you are after ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No I want to show the lines with the border on the table when I print. The columns are separated with lines on the computer, but when I print the report there are no borders around them.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

ok cool. can you send me a screenshot ?  just want to make sure i know which lines you are referring to.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Printout.pngScreen.png

See how there are lines separating the columns on the screen, but when you print the report out it does not have lines to separate columns. I'm wondering if there is a setting that will show the lines when the report is printed.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I can see what you mean.  When i zoom in to the image the lines appear but very faintly (below).  i can see the same behavior as well from my own machine.. A darker style on the table may help somewhat ?   It just seems that the print version lacks some of the nuance which is a fairly common comment about the feature.

i played around with  user preferences -> Printing -> bypass postscript printer ... which often cleans up some of these issues but no effect this time. sorry.

zoomedin.PNG.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Style.pngJonathan,

I found it. Under the Style tab there is a current style that adds the lines.

Thanks for your help.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Great. Glad it worked out.  Out of curiosity there were vertical lines in the screenshot of the app... so i was wondering which exact property on the style tab you changed to get the effect you needed ?   Did you change the style from light -> Basic to get darker lines ?   just curious... and as i said glad it worked out.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Johnathan,

I selected classic under current style.