Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidoff
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reports / PDFs print partially in black & white

Hi all,

I still get this issue, even though 'force colour' is checked.

I print a report from QV developer - all colour. I convert to PDF and print - all colour.

I setup QV publisher on the server to generate a pdf and send via email, go to print it and its black and white cross hatching - but only on bar charts! If i change the bar chart to a line chart it will print in colour.

All other objects are colour??!! Is there some setting on the publisher config i dont know about??

Thanks for your time.

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Paul,

Check the below screen shot. Make sure you uncheck the highlighted box. The is in the object properties/ colors tab. The "Use Patterns Instead of Cololors" needs to be unchecked.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Davidoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

this could be the problem, but everytime i have created a chart this field is greyed out ( and checked). I have looked through all the QV settings, including the printer settings (default is colour printer).

Any ideas?

David

Davidoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Now resolved; i've installed QV 10.

Not applicable

"Use patterns instead of colours" setting worked perfectly for me....such a stupid setting!! who wants a black and white PDF...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, David.

When it comes to pdf conversion process. I was wondering whether you have worked it out?