Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manishnarang
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Reports in Qlikview : Usage and any design tips

Hi Experts,

Can you please guide or provide some good material on how and what can be done using Qlikview reports?

I haven't really worked on Qlikview reports and tried today and didn't quite get a hold of this. May be there are lesser options or i am not accustomed on how/where to ge those. so please help me with some good material on this. Youtube can't be accessed in the network i am in, so videos are not an option for me

BTW, what i am trying to achieve is:

1. we have number of tables in a dashboard (being shown based on certain hide/show conditions), there are lables (text boxes) and lines above the tables according to the view that is selected. This was done to give high quality visual exp, but now the problem is users want to export the tables in the same format/layout, which is not possible straight forward

Solution in progress:

1. I am going to create the similar reports in Nprinting (separate task for each of the report)

2. Call Nprinting API to set the particular view based on what is selected (view) on the dashboardand run the specific task.

3. Instead of configuring the recipients, again using the API, will get the executed excel report from the task and give user as a download.

I am looking for if there is any better solution to this problem.

Thanks.

Manish

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Working with the Report Editor had some restrictions and you could hardly transfer your sheet 1:1 to the report and it's advisable to position and size all objects per menu (top, left, width, height) instead of using the mouse. But in general it's possible to create good looking reports (not perfect but sufficient in most cases). See also: Using QlikView’s Report Editor but I'm not sure if it's the better tool compared to NPrinting.

- Marcus

manishnarang
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Marcus for your inputs.

The document you referred to is also very nice. Gave me a fair idea of things about QV reports.

Although, after going through this document, I am of opinion that the report format will only be PDF, is it?

we don't seem to have any option to configure it to excel or something. Am i missing something?

Best,

Manish

marcus_sommer

Yes, that will be generate only pdf-files. If you want to create excel-reports and couldn't use NPrinting you will need macros for it - there are many examples available: https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=excel+export&type=document.

- Marcus

manishnarang
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks again.

We dont use macros in our applications, so macros are not feasible for me but I think i will continue with NPrinting solution only.