Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reports

Basically How many reports we created maximum for one dashboard?

3 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Good question - we have 9 or 10 in one app, but that is because we don't need anymore from this one app (or Dashboard), not because we hit the technical limit.

I am tempted to say it is unlimited which it probably isn't, but a dozen or 20 should not pose a problem - only you'll spend some time devising them ...

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

can you please tell me some sample reports for dashboard.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

that depends entirely on whatever your superiors or the consumers of the data you are supposed to provide are interested in.

I have for instance, quite simply, a report looking like a sheet from a wall_calendar (to print), with the specific fields coloured in green if there were no damages on that day, in yellow or red if there were, and with the date, the nr. of damage_events and the total sum of damages in the field - not so easy to make in the first place, but then you can use it every day, so it does save time in the long run.

You can build a report from any of the charts and other objects that you have in your Dashboard, and they will update automatically whenever the Dashboard is updated.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: You can really build virtually whatever you like (in terms of visualization of company data) in QlikView, so it should be you asking the recipients of your reports what they want, not them asking you what you can give them ... but that's apparently a hard lesson to learn - I have been developing QlikView for 2y now and it's still difficult 😉

I guess it's just difficult for the minds of professionals other than Designers to imagine having a visual tool that they have not seen before ... Thinking outside the boundaries of what we currently have - "out of the box" ...