Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Required Cumulative values

Hi All,

I need to figure out the outstanding amount till date. PFA the excel file, in that file positive amount specifies the invoice and negative amount prescribes the sales, sum of Invoice - Payment will be my outstanding. Based on the selection of dates by the user, the chart should show me past twelve months data. I need a cumulative value of the records. For Example, if the user select 17-Apr-14, then my data should be as follows:

MonthOutstanding (in Lakhs)
Apr2.57
May0
Jun1.56
Jul2.23
Aug2.44
Sep1.1
Oct0.74
Nov1.49
Dec1.49
Jan1.06
Feb0.31
Mar0.74

Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Sabareetha M.P

8 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

What you really want can you plz explain or post sample

Not applicable
Author

I wanted to have a line graph, based on the user input, the month and customer name should be dimension and Outstanding amt is expression. I have already specified the data required as example.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Like this?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Manish,

Thanks a lot, but this does not solve my query. It gives me a data wrt the particular month, but I need a cumulative data. I require the same data, that I have mentioned in my first mail. Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Not applicable
Author

the easiest way is through the Accumulation property in the chart properties

Untitled.png

Not applicable
Author

I tried, but its giving some different result, I have two dimensions namely, customer name ,month and an expression to retrieve the amount. I selected today’s date and the chart will be from the month of Apr 2013 to Mar 2014, for Apr 2013, it shows me only -0.57 Lakhs and May 2013 -2.57 Lakhs,  if I specify accumulate in Chart, for Apr the value keeps unchanged, but for May it gives me -3.14 i.e. (-0.57+(-2.57)). Please suggest.

Not applicable
Author

can you upload your qlikview document?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I am new to qlikview and document has been linked with server. I am not aware how to retrieve and send the particular scripts, therefore, I just created a sample file for your reference and attached the same. Please check whether this helps!!!