cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oakes_gco_qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reset list box selections using a button

I have a list box with a number of selectable fields which are to be used for reporting on. Once these have been reported on I want to reset ONLY THE LIST BOX to its original set of selectable fields by using a button that does not affect any other selections in the document.

Effectively I want a selective clear, using the button, on my list box?.

7 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The action 'Clear Field' will do that.

On the button, add a new action of type selection and you will see the 'Clear Field' Action in there. just type in the field you want cleared, all other field selections will remain.

marcus_sommer

You could create a button/textbox with an action. There is also the native possibility to put a clear-button in the title from listbox by properties --> titel.

- Marcus

oakes_gco_qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you - I understand that this would clear one field - but I have a whole list to do (painfull doing each one) - is there a clear all fields in the list  type action?

oakes_gco_qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Not sure what you mean?. 'Clear button' in the title. Is it possible to giveme an example. (Not a QVW as I cant get into them as I only have basic QV) TAR Graham

marcus_sommer

You could define which buttons you want in your title, print, xls, clear .... options are in mid-right from tab title.

By actions you could set many fields to select or clear but easier would be to use bookmarks triggered per actions or manually. Also there is the native qv feature "Ausgangsstatus" probably output status in english.

If possible you should rather use native qv features instead to create an own usability.

- Marcus

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

No. There is 'clear field' and 'clear all' and thats it for out of box clearing actions.  You mentioned 'a whole list' of fields to select. How many ?  You can add multiple actions to a button to clear multiple individual fields, but not a delimitted list of fields say in one action. 

oakes_gco_qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Guys - All sorted.