Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anjali0108
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Restore in Jun 2017 Nprinting

Hi ,

I was using Nprinting version 17.3.0 and then due to report refresh issue ,I switched to June 2017 version.

We were also not able to upgrade hence we uninstalled the old setup and installed a complete new setup again.

But as I lost all my reports that I created earlier, we tried to run some the restore commands to get my data back.

But the problem is I am getting this error in all my connections now and I am not able to create any connection without the below error:

The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

the following information was included with the event:

ERROR:  relation "data_connection_verification" does not exist at character 13

STATEMENT:  INSERT INTO data_connection_verification (status, connection_string, log, last_update, Id) VALUES ((('InProgress')::text), (('navigator=qlikview;documentpath="C:\ServiceNxt Source Documents\All Reports UK\RSA -REPORTS_With Date Restriction UK - Copy.qvw"')::text), ((NULL)::text), (('2017-07-28 07:20:15')::timestamp), (('4971cb16-5ad4-471f-ae22-5e217a7dd2e5')::uuid))

Also,by debugging further, I saw these logs that were created when we ran the restore commands.

I think the issue is with backup.I did not take any backup as such before so this log is creating.

But I just want to know if there is any way I can make my setup work without uninstalling everything again.

Thanks.

4 Replies
Not applicable

Anjali, complete uninstall may lose the report repository. Do you have any previous backup of reports repository. Check with your IT team. Generally, enterprise companies perform daily backups on the file system and you may restore the repository from those backups. Also, contact Qlik support team.

anjali0108
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Srikanth,

I took the backup of only Nprinting folder that is there in C:\ProgramData,  Nothing else.

And after performing the restore commands, i got all the reports back along with connections and all other settings but it is throwing error in connection now when I am trying to reload metadata for it.

I will check with the team here,meanwhile,please check if there is any other alternative.

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable

Did you modify the settings file after installation? (default path to your environment paths). Generally, complete installation defaults to your settings file,

anjali0108
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

No, I did not.

Could you please tell me how can I do that?

Thanks.