Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restricting access to a report

Hi

I have a report that I have used Section Access and a spreadsheet with usernames and passwords to restrict access. This part of the process works fine in that you need to enter a username and password to open the report in the web browser or the client application. My issue lies in the QMC when my reloads take place. All my reports reload apart from the one that has the security restrictions using Section Access. I have made sure my admin username and password is on the spreadsheet but that still does not make it work. Is there something I have missed?

I have attached a copy of the log file as best I could as I cannot seem to be able to just copy and paste the whole log file.logfile.JPG

Thanks

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Ah, now we got something.

Drop the password field, and rename USERID into NTNAME. That should do the trick.

Peter

View solution in original post

25 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Steve,

have you added the Qlikview Service account into Section Access as ADMIN?

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy

I haven't no as I didn't even know I had a qvservice user setup. I have just asked the company that setup Qlikview for us what the password is. Will let you know if that fixes it.

Thanks Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy

Added the qvservice user to my spreadsheet with the usernames and passwords. Still fails with the same errors as far as I can see from the log file.

Thanks Steve

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

HI Steve,

you'll need to reload it from QV Desktop and save it before running it from QMC

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy

Did that. Amended spreadsheet, saved, reloaded and saved the qvw file, then waited for it to reload in the QMC. Then it failed.

Thanks Steve.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Steve,

did you put the Service account name in UPPER CASE etc.

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy

service account name is lowercase on my server. Should that make a difference?

Thanks Steve

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Nope, but it has to UPPER in Section Access

Andy

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In your Excel, the service account should have ACCESS=ADMIN and an empty Link field. The latter only in case you are using data reduction.

Actually, the best thing you can do is hardcode the service account in an INLINE table in SA, and then add all Excel rows with a CONCATENATE LOAD to that table. This will make sure that once operational, the server reload will never fail on you again.

Peter