Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nesawant
Contributor II
Contributor II

Restricting direct access to dashboard

Hi,

I have created an application which acts as a landing page or access point for all my project dashboards.

I want to restrict users from using direct links & would like to always redirect them via landing page or access point application.

Does anyone has a solution for this or any ideas around it?

Best Regards,

Neha

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Neha,

You can use the document chaining functionality of QlikView.

What you can do is as below.

Create a App which is a lending page and which has a button to open the appropriate application.

And create all the other apps.

Now The App with lending page should be a part of the root directory (Which is configured in QMC)

And other apps should be a part of the mounted folder on QMC.

Now when you create a mounted folder on QMC, make sure that you disable the option "Browsable"

This way users will see only one application on Access point which is the Lending Page, and from their they can be redirected to other applications.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
nesawant
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Kaushik for quick reply. But I guess in this case if user saves the link to the dashboards he will still be able to see the dashboard. I want to restrict users from using direct links as they are saving the links & try to access the dashboards even after we decommission it.