Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kvr9
Creator
Creator

Restricting the data in Bar chart

Hi Team,

I have an issue with restricting the data in chart.

Below is the format of my data.

Load *Inline

Country,

Company,

Emp_Type,

Sales,

Benchmark

from table sales.xls;

I tried to build a sales chart for companies along with country  benchmark which is taken as a line.

The Emp_type data contain two types of employees(E1 , E2) .so I want to represent only one emp type on my chart.

The other emp type has to be changed based on the filter .

Could someone help how to build a chart by filtering the Emp_type data level.

Attached is sample data and qvw.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kvr9
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil,

I can see the data is filtered to E1 only,but If no filters are applied then by default I would like to see E1 data,

Current situation if I clear all the filters then I'm seeing combined data which is wrong.

My requirement is as below

1.If no filters are applied on dashboard then  I would like to see E1 type data as default on my graph.

2.When I apply filter on Emp type then It should change respectively.

3.I don't want any combine data if filters are cleared.

Hope my requirement is clear now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

This?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
kvr9
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil,

I want to see  Emp_type E1 as default on my chart,up on changing the filter I would like to see E2.

But current situation is populating both the types together.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Attached

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
kvr9
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil,

I can see the data is filtered to E1 only,but If no filters are applied then by default I would like to see E1 data,

Current situation if I clear all the filters then I'm seeing combined data which is wrong.

My requirement is as below

1.If no filters are applied on dashboard then  I would like to see E1 type data as default on my graph.

2.When I apply filter on Emp type then It should change respectively.

3.I don't want any combine data if filters are cleared.

Hope my requirement is clear now.