Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Return URL generated in VBscript to Macro

Hi Folks,

I recently posted about an issue I'm having with URL signing of Static Maps in GoogleMaps for Business, which is required in order to record usage statistics.  A number of problems have derailed this but I think I've now got a solution, which I shall post up if it pans out.

The issue around signing is that the facility is not available within Jscript or VBScript without downloading an ActiveX component which is not a viable solution.  Further, each unique call needs to be individually signed, thereby requiring a dynamic solution.  As such, I've proceeded by creating and deploying a WebService that takes the address, zoom level, channel, and the client id and private key, carries out the signing and finally returns the signed URL.  I've then written a VBscript routine that consumes this web service and stores the signed URL in a variable.

So what I need to do now is to somehow call this VBscript function in the script below:

let noRows = NoOfRows('Table1')-1;

for i=0 to $(noRows)

let a=peek('FirstName',$(i),'Table1');
let b=peek('LastName',$(i),'Table1');
let c=peek(‘ProductSold’,$(i),'Table1');
let address=peek('City',$(i),'Table1'); 

Data:
LOAD
'$(a)'
as FirstName,
'$(b)'
as LastName,
'$(c)'
as ProductSold,
'$(address)'
as Address,
subfield([Response/Placemark/Point/coordinates], ',' ,1) AS longitude,
subfield([Response/Placemark/Point/coordinates], ',' ,2) AS latitude
FROM [http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=$(address)&output=xml&oe=utf8&sensor=false&key=XXYYZZ] (XmlSimple, Table is [kml]);

next 

replacing FROM [http://maps... etc with my routine (obviously passing the parameters too).

Can anyone shed any light on how I might acheive this? 

Thanks,

Jes

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Folks,

Ok, a bit of a mistake in the above.  What I actually need to do is, in the "What's new in Qlikview11.qvw" example under the the customers tab the chart Dynamic Image is recorded as:-

In the Colour tab, do the changes as mentioned in the screenshot below.

For Dynamic Image, paste the URL

='http://maps.google.com/staticmap?center='
&
num(var_mid_lat, '##############', '.', ',' )
&
','
&
num(var_mid_long, '##############', '.', ',' )
&
'&zoom=$(var_zoom)'
&
'&size='&
map_size_x&'x'&map_size_y
&
'&key='&
gmap_key
&
'&maptype='&
var_maptype
& '.jpg'

How can I can this so that instead it uses the results of a VBScript function GetMyMap(lat,lng)?

Where should I define this function?

Thanks, in advance,

Jes

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try setting the url for the dynamic image to a variable and have a macro set the variable. You call the macro with actions on the OnChange trigger of the variables lat and lng.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I'm very much of a newbie to Qlikview; any chance you could post an example or a link to something..?

Thanks,

Jes

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I've found an example for you. It shows how to create and change a variable with macros.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Ah, the trouble is I'm developing in free version before passing onto implementation and so I don't have license, therefore can't load other people .qvm files

I've posted in another thread where I've just left this response.  Can you shed any light on this?

I've progressed a bit (I think) in that I've created a couple of functions in the Edit Module screen which I think I should be able to access:

Unfortunately, one of them contains the line

set xmlobj = server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0")

and this is bringing back the error:

Object required: 'server'

(I've tried changing to 'Server' but to no avail).

Thanks,

Jes

Not applicable
Author

HI,

how  can I (OR CAN I...) use apicture (*.bmp or whatevert) dynamicly in ascatter chart?

Thanks