Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Return latest file date by primary key

Every day, a report is automatically pulled into a folder on my desktop from SAP. The report contains sales orders that we have yet to ship, thus, if a sales key # is present on one day's report, and then absent on that of the next day, it has been shipped. I am trying to assign ship dates to sales keys. I have successfully done so using the aggr function:

=if(aggr(max(file_date_num),Sales_Key)<>$(var_todaynum),Date(aggr(max(file_date_num),Sales_Key)),Null())

The problem is that I need to create a dimension with this date so that I can build charts with the date as the X axis. Therefore, I must calculate the ship date in the script, and I can't do so with the aggr function, because it doesn't work in the script. The date the report is run is embedded into the file name, like so: master_ship_extract_20160125.txt. Therefore, I can pull the last few characters to create a dimension called file_date, with the following formula:

date(date#(mid(filename(),21,8),'YYYYMMDD')) as file_date

I need to return the most recent file date based on the sales key. I want the sales key to show up only once in the final output, with its appropriate ship date, which is the latest date that the sales key showed up in a report file.

I have tried doing a secondary load into another table like so:

Table2:

NoConcatenate Load

[Sales Doc.],

Item,

Sales_Key,

max(file_date) as MaxFileDate

Resident Master_Ship

Group by Sales_Key;

Drop table Master_Ship;

But this does not work. I am not sure what to do. Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

Thank you!

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you use aggregation functions in the script with a GROUP BY clause, you need to list all fields you want to group by in the clause, or apply aggregation functions to all fields not listed in the clause in the LOAD statement.

In your sample

Table2:

NoConcatenate Load

[Sales Doc.],

Item,

Sales_Key,

max(file_date) as MaxFileDate

Resident Master_Ship

Group by Sales_Key;

Drop table Master_Ship;

[Sales Doc] and Item fields need to be added to the Group by clause, or need to be removed from the LOAD, or need to be aggregated.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, swuehl, you were correct. I made the proper changes, and I was able to achieve the desired result.

Thank you again!