Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reverse Pivot Table Layout?

I think my Excel background is really showing.

My qlikview pivot table (from an ODBC data source) has the columns where I want the rows and vice versa.

How can I reverse them?

See attached.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reshmakala
Creator III
Creator III

The cross table functionality is possible for pivot tables but not straight tables.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Crosstable

A cross table is a common type of table featuring a matrix of values between two or more orthogonal lists of header data, of which one is used as column headers. A typical example could be to have one column per month. To transform a cross table into a straight table, use a crosstable prefix. The result is that the column headers (e.g. month names) will be stored in one field - the attribute field - and the column data (month numbers) will be stored in a second field: the data field.

The syntax is:

crosstable (attribute field name, data field name [ , n ] ) ( loadstatement | selectstatement )

where:

attribute field name is the field to contain the attribute values.

data field name is the field to contain the data values.

n is the number of qualifier fields preceding the table to be transformed to generic form. Default is 1.

Examples:

Crosstable (Month, Sales) Load * from ex1.csv;

Crosstable (Month,Sales,2) Load * from ex2.csv;

Crosstable (A,B) Select * from table3;

Crosstable Wizard

The crosstable wizard is dialog driven method of creating the crosstable statement. This dialog is opened by clicking the Crosstable button in the Options page of the File Wizard

mazacini
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

Did you try to drag the dimensions from columns to rows and vice versa?

Joe

reshmakala
Creator III
Creator III

Press and hold on a column header and drag to your desired position. A blue arrow appears to show you where it can be inserted.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, and it didn't seem to work.  I've done that successfully before...

mazacini
Creator III
Creator III

Have you  deleted any dimensions which are still referenced in the Used Dimensions section?

I sometimes find these block the drag and drop feature

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

is allow pivoting checked? Presentation tab

Not applicable
Author

It's not an option...this is a straight table. 

Not applicable
Author

Do you mean ones I'm not using anymore or that no longer exist?

Not applicable
Author

Only letting me drag columns - not allowing me to go up - I suspect it's because this is a straight table..I've done that before with pivot tables...