Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saichawan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Rolling and ytd calculation

Hello,

I need to find rolling and YTD revenue. rolling month starts from september and ends on august. I have two years of data sep-2019 to aug-2018. i have a text object where current year and last revenue will be displayed. so, when i select rolling in the filter, in the text object revenue should displayed as currrent year rolling revenue and last year rolling revenue.

when i'm using the below code to get revenue, the current year revenue is coming up to be zero and last year revenue is getting switched with current year revenue. Attaching the screenshot of the dashboard for your reference.

='Current Year:'& Num(Sum({<[week] = {">=$(=MakeDate(Year(Today()),9,1) )<=$(=MakeDate(Year(Today())+1,8,30) )"}> } NET_SLS_AMT/1000000),'##.00')
& ' Last Year:'&Num(Sum({<[week] = {">=$(=MakeDate(Year(Today())-1,9,1) )<=$(=MakeDate(Year(Today()),8,30) )"}> } NET_SLS_AMT/1000000),'##.00')

And when i tried changing the code with 

='Current Year:'& Num(Sum({<[week] = {">=$(=MakeDate(Year(Today()-1),9,1) )<=$(=MakeDate(Year(Today()),8,30) )"}> } NET_SLS_AMT/1000000),'##.00')
& ' Last Year:'&Num(Sum({<[week] = {">=$(=MakeDate(Year(Today())-2,9,1) )<=$(=MakeDate(Year(Today()-1),8,30) )"}> } NET_SLS_AMT/1000000),'##.00')

With the above formula, rolling current year and rolling last year values are coming out to be same.

PFA of sample Data and screenshot3.png

13 Replies
saichawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sample data

khan_imran
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Attached is the solution to your problem.

If your query is resolved then Mark it as Solution.

saichawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hey, thanks a ton for your solution. current year data is matching, but for the last the revnue is suming up for 2 years.

khan_imran
Creator II
Creator II

Basis the shared data,if you select Period as CY_Roll_12m then your current month value comes as 50.43 and Last year 53.75

If you select Period as LY_Roll_12m then your current month value comes as 53.75 and Last year 00.00

saichawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

attahment of dashboard. after using  the above code 

='Current Year:'& Num(Sum({<week1 = {">=$(vMinDate)<=$(vMaxdate)"}> } NET_SLS_AMT/1000000),'##.00')
& ' Last Year:'&num((Sum({<[week] = {">=$(vRollingStart)<=$(vRollingEnd)"},Period=> } NET_SLS_AMT/1000000)
-
Sum({<[week] = {">=$(vRollingStart)<=$(vRollingEnd)"},Period={'*YTD*'},Period= {'LYTD'}> } NET_SLS_AMT/1000000)),'##.00')p.png

khan_imran
Creator II
Creator II

Are you using the same dataset? if not then given me all entire data.

saichawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

PFA

dataset and qlickview

saichawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

QVW file

khan_imran
Creator II
Creator II

Here is the application with Solution. you did not add the variable.

If this resolved the accept this as solution.

Regards,

Imran K