Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramyasaiqv
Creator II
Creator II

Row Data Manipulation in Qlikview

Hi Qlik Gurus,

I got a request from the user and I’m not sure if this functionality is possible in qlikview. So please help me if you can

I have a straight table with multiple dimensions and metrics. The Dimension has multiple values and by default the report should show the corresponding value on all the rows that’s normal

Here is the new request For example if the user selects a particular value of the dimension it should apply that value by replacing the actual value on all the rows

To make it more clear I have attached a small test app with the data set.

As shown on the UI “Test” dimension has  (L+3, L+7, M+L and P+D) as values and by default the table should display all the rows with respective L+3, L+7, M+L and P+D values

But for example if the user selects  L+3  on the list box or in the “Test” dimension drop down list instead of narrowing down the result set  to just single row of  L+3 , it should replace all other rows(three) with L+3

So please try to help, thank you for your time and really appreciate your help. Thank you, ! !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Great, please close the thread by marking the correct response.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be using an expression:

Capture.PNG

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I request you to don't create double threads for one solution. Here you go

Row Data manipulation

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ramyasaiqv
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That's what i wanted. Thank you very much Anil and Sunny.

sunny_talwar

Great, please close the thread by marking the correct response.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny

ramyasaiqv
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry initially i was bit confused where and how to post. Thank you

Anil_Babu_Samineni

No Worries, If you create multiple thread for single issue. Our helpers might confused nothing more. Any how, Please flag the correct answer of Sunny Reply.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful