cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Row Level Security in Qlikview

Hello everyone

how to implement row level and column level Security in qlikview with example?

Thank You

27 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i tried but still not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Create new application. It will work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

now its working ,thank you anil..

tell me one thing what was wrong in my script.it is mandatory to used REDUCTION for row and OMIT for column.

what is the means of star is * for what purpose you used this one.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

" * " should represent all Listed values

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i know but what is the of STAR is? why we need to used this keyword.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As far as I know, the STAR IS statement doesn't make a difference here.

What is different between your and Anil's example code is that your link field Zone

1. has a name in lower case. Anil's field REDUCTION has a name in all upper case. Section Access by default will convert all field names in the SA table to UPPER case. As a result, ZONE (Seciton Access) and Zone (Section Application) will refer to different fields, which means that there is no connection between the two tables. The main effect of this is that both Data Reduction and Strict Exclusion will stop having any influence at all on your document. Only the Permssion-to-access-the-document will be in effect, and grant all listed users access to your document. This is the main cause of problems.
  2. has values in mixed case. Anil's field REDUCTION has only numerical values. Section Access by default will convert all values in all columns to UPPER case. Section Application will NOT do this, and as a result, there won't even be any matches between the two tables in case you rename your field to ZONE in both tables.

Remember that even if you enable Data Reduction and Strict Exclusion, no reduction or exclusion will be applied when there is not at least a single link field between Section Access and Section Application.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you peter.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well explained by Peter, yes that is the reason you are not able to achieve earlier. Anything else you required please let us know.

Please close the thread by marking Correct or Helpful Answers