Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Row totals

I'm quiet new on this and maby have a simple question:  In a Pivot table I have a row with a condition: If(Column(5)=0, Column(1),0)  But the row totals applies the same condition instead of summing the rows indivdual results.  I have been searching and found several solutions about If and Aggr, but have not been able to get teh row's total correctly calculated.  Please advise if anybody has a solution!  Best regards

33 Replies
sunny_talwar

So I see how you get 57480 for totals when you expand Pan, but what would be the total if you expand Pan and Panes? Would it be 144 now? because Panes is no more 57336?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Pan's total should be 144, and X48 should be 62.614 as well as Panes' total...

sunny_talwar

I guess I am not understanding the logic you are using to display the expression result on the row level and on the subtotals level... it almost seem random as to what you want to see where. May be taking a step back and explaining the requirement in detail might help understand what you are after.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I want to show a column of new sales when comparing two different year's sales. So it depends on the level you're expanding, a sale can be new or not... I.e. an existing customer is buying a new article. When not expanded the customers column of new sales shows 0, but when expanded, the article with new sales has to show the amount as new sales. That's working, and was easy even for me! But the problem is, is that theis simple condition doesn't work for the dimension's totals.

I took the data out to an excel, but I would like to reduce the use of excel sheets...