cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Run CLI command from a straight table

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to run a CL command from a chart or a table.

My idea is to add a button for example in an invoice chart. If the user clicks this button our ERP-System automatically starts and opens in the marked invoice.

I hope this table shows you what I have in mind.

Invoice NumberCustomerERP-System
4081951Customer Alink or button[]
4081952Customer Blink or button[]

With this CLI-command everything what I want happens.

\\server\mandant\rungui.exe "<verkauf>4081951<zeigen>" "Mandant" "user"

Is there a possibility to implement this command as a button or link in a straight table.

In this command only the invoice number (in this example 4081951) is variable, everything else is static.

I hope you understand what I want and you could give me a solution or some hints...

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can try using an expression in your table chart with representation 'Link' (option on expression tab).

The expression will look like

='Open ERP<url>\\lxabas01\neugart\rungui.exe  "<verkauf>'& [Invoice Number]&'<zeigen>" "Neugart" "ABAS-EKS"'

I had some problems with the tag character '<>' used for <verkauf> and <zeigen>, QV seems to interpret these tags (like the mandatory <url> tag), but breaking its intended function.

Is there a way to use different tags for your ERP? Or maybe someone knows a way to use an escape character for this.

Another option could be to select an Invoice Number, then create a button chart object and execute a External-Launch action.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your fast answer!

I will try to implement your given expression.

What do you mean with using different tags for the ERP?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The expression as shown above probably won't work, because of the characters '<' and '>' in your command line argument.

QV needs to be parsed a string for the Link representation, with following structure:

TextToDisplayInChart<url>URLtoOpen

I think the delimiter <url>, or more precisely the characters '<','>' will be parsed by QV, but this is probably breaking your command line string (i.e. breaking the interpretation as Link). Just give it a try (for comparison, try a string like

='OpenQVSite<url>http://www.qlik.com'

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response!

Calling a website works just fine and calling the .exe is working also. But you are right, if i add the options to the rungui.exe, the link does not work anymore.

Now I have to check, if i can start the erp-application in an other way.