Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SIMPLE (i guess) limiting selections

Dear QV-Gurus,

i have loaded market information (market shares by model and brand) ina nice flat file.

Basically the issue is that i wan to CALCULATE the share by dividing the model sales to the TTL market.

so i select the market, The year etc and then i create a simple table.

At the moment i used the TOTAL <include> command in the sum inorder to ignore some selections. AND IT WORKS.

So when i want to see the entire market i see all the brands and the correct market share.

NOW THE ISSUE:

This market share changes when i only select some brands but in fact the market share should stay the same:

To calculate the share i use: sum(Sales_QTY) / sum(TOTAL <CY,CM,Region,Type> Sales_QTY)

maybe there is another way using sum(${.... but i dont know the sytax for this.

Can you please help me?

BR

Seb

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The TOTAL keyword only ignores the listed fields in your dimensions, not in any selections that are external to your table.

Instead, use ALL if you want to ignore all reductions (both selections and dimension values).

Use set analysis to get a mix of allowed/ignored selections but observe possible associative effects.

Sum(ALL Sales_QTY) is the same as sum({1} TOTAL Sales_QTY)

Look for set analysis in QV Desktop help. There are some nice examples and you'll have to understand the syntax anyway if you want this to work in your situation.

Good luck,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Okay i can understadn that you are annoyed by all thenewbee's but its simply thetruth 😞

I tried your ALL command butitstill does not work - i need to limit.

The Market share of a brand for one month should NOT change wheniselect 1,2 or 5 brands - they always have thesame market share - this i cannot achieve. the 'ALL' command just takes all data - thats not workable.

Anyways - thanx a lot

Seb