Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sales Force connector

Hi Guys,

Is Sales Force Connector a must to create QV models to analyze Sales Force data?

If not a Must, How much simpler should be using it vs. connecting to Sales Force database?

Thanks in advance,

Aldo.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The connector is not a must, but it has some advantages:

"SalesForce is queried using SalesForce’s own SOQL language. The QlikView connector

recognizes a mix between SOQL and SQL that introduces both limitations and enhancements to

SOQL. These changes have been made in order enable better communication between

QlikView and SalesForce and for the sake of backwards compatibility."

I am not sure at this moment, but I think there is no x64 version of the ODBC driver for SF yet, and there is a x64 version of the QlikView connector.

And... the QlikView SalesForce connector has no cost for customers!

Juan Gerardo

Not applicable
Author

Hola Juan, Gracias por tu respuesta.

Sigo en ingles para que los comentarios sean utiles a otras personas.

I have been said that Sales Force Connector is not QlikTech's, but SF's tool.

I also  heared that I need to be working with "Professional" version of SF, and have to pay extra money, (about 10 USD per user) to use it (SF Connector).

Is that right?

Thanks in advance,

Aldo.

Not applicable
Author

The connector is provided by QlikTech at no cost, the only condition is you have to be a customer or a partner.

However, depending on your organization license agreement with SalesForce, maybe you can have some limits like a limited number of allowable API calls per day or other type of limit. This is something you have to talk to SalesForce, but usually some people is using an intermediate QVD layer to save historical data and reduce the daily extractions.

You can find more information in white papers or here:

QlikView Salesforce Connector Version 11.00 Now Available